Tuesday 29 January 2013

New Weapon: Squier Black & Chrome Stratocaster

Originally posted: 23 Oct 2010
Discrepancy due to failure to export/import blog

The Squier Black & Chrome Stratocaster! My latest weapon to join my arsenal. Actually, its been last Saturday when I got this, but was soooo busy I haven't got time to post anything. Tied up with work, then the haze came and I fell sick for 2 days, terrible migraine plus nasusea. I know I should have taken photos after removing the plastic protection on the chrome pickguard, but I was too lazy.
It took me a few solid hours to do a full setup to my preference. Adjusting the Tremolo spring tension to match the spring tension to prevent detuning took me the longest. The neck curavture was totally fine, so I left the truss rod alone. The most important thing was to adjust the string height and pickup height, lastly, intonating the guitar, it's now ready to rock!
I didn't change the strings this time as its totally brand new, and just shipped to Singapore from the manufacturer, or so  I would believe. The strings weren't rusty and they felt good, easy to slide around, so I retained them. After they eventually break, only will I swap them for my favourite Dunlop Kerry King Signature gauge 10-52 strings.
Specifications, if anyone is really interested to know:
Body: Agathis 
Neck: Maple, C-Shape, (Polyurethane Finish) 
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241 mm) 
No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo 
Pickups: 3 Alnico Magnet Single-Coil Pickups 
Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup) 
Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: 
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup 
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup 
- Position 3. Middle Pickup 
- Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup 
- Position 5. Neck Pickup 
Bridge: Synchronous Twin-Pivot Tremolo 
Machine Heads: Standard Die-Cast Tuners 
Hardware: Chrome 
Pickguard: 1-Ply Mirror 
Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm) 
Width at Nut: 1.650” (42 mm) 
Unique Features: Large ‘60s Style Matching Painted Headstock, Chrome Pickguard, Knurled Chrome Control Knobs, Black Plastic Pickup Covers and Switch Tip, Engraved Neckplate, Dot Position Inlays 
Strings: Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to .042), p/n 073-0250-003

More photos together with my miniature red Stratocaster.

Not forgetting my beloved BC Rich Warlock, with those thick beefy Humbucking pickups.

Lastly, my latest gears in all.
When I purchase more guitar stands, I'll take a full family potrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment